At Core5, we believe capable, dedicated employees are the key to our success. In fact, employees are so central to our company, those exact words are part of the core values for which Core5 was named. We need talented, ambitious people who are committed to excellence and to a real estate career. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work for a vibrant, progressive company, and unlimited personal and career growth opportunities.
Working at Core5
We look for people who want to make a difference, have the passion to make it happen and the drive to innovate while upholding our core values. Here, you are challenged to grow and given the freedom to chart your own course. You will enjoy workplace flexibility in an inclusive, collaborative environment with supportive leadership.
During the recruitment process, we may collect personal information to assess your suitability for employment. We will not share your information outside our organization without your prior consent unless we are legally required to do so. Please note that submission of your resume indicates consent with the above policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Available Employment Opportunities
Search available employment opportunities below. Currently, we only accept applicants for open positions. Please come back often to see the new positions we’ve added. Core5 is an equal opportunity employer.
VP, Development would be responsible for planning, scheduling, budgeting and construction execution of development and redevelopment opportunities of industrial/logistics properties for Core5 Industrial Partners. This oversight includes not only land and building development/redevelopment, but also includes being the primary party responsible for the oversight of tenant/client specific build-out on build-to-suit projects as well at Tenant Improvement projects ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within budget and providing cohesive, timely and seamless communication with the client and Core5 senior management.
Reports to: SVP – Midwest Region
Based in: Cincinnati, Ohio or Indianapolis, Indiana
General Qualifications Required
Education: Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
Experience: Minimum of 15 years of experience in due diligence, development and construction management for large-scale commercial projects, with an emphasis in industrial development/construction mandatory.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Earth, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam/Revu. Also, familiarity with project planning software, and the ability to quickly learn new computer systems is required.
Skills/Behaviors: The ideal candidate should have the following skills and behaviors:
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Ability to work independently, handling multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills (oral, listening and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Team oriented with a focus on making a positive difference/outcome
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Organize, lead and manage meetings
- Build consensus, negotiate disputes and create win-win solutions
Major Areas of Responsibility
Land and Building Development:
- Manage the entire land development and building development process from predevelopment planning, permitting, construction to final inspections and close-out for both speculative developments as well as build-to-suit projects.
- Tracking and forward planning of all phases of a project including: project due diligence, design, permitting, bidding, construction and close-out.
- Build and lead cohesive teams of consultants/vendors involved in all phases of a project from due diligence vendors (surveyors, geotechnical engineers, fire protection consultants, environmental engineers, etc.) to planning design consultants (architects, engineers) to execution vendors (site work contractors and general contractors).
- Organize design teams comprised of architects and engineers; accurately relay project requirements to the design team and see they are incorporated into the design documents
- Review plans and construction drawings for accuracy, compliance and value
- Write RFPs for design, construction and other related third-parties and consultants
- Prepare design, consultant and construction contracts
- Prepare detailed project budgets including soft costs, permitting and other municipal/governmental related costs and development/construction related costs.
- Prepare project schedules for all phases of the project and keep updated on a consistent basis.
- Review and qualify proposals; prepare bid tabulations with recommendations
- Inspect construction progress for an eye toward quality control and schedule compliance; and accurately and timely report findings and recommendations to SVP-Development
- Review and approve pay applications and invoices
- Provide due diligence information to the Core5 finance team and coordinate meetings with bank/financial partner inspectors to ensure accurate and consistent information is being communicated.
- Keep apprised of latest developments in construction materials, methods and design and make recommendations to SVP-Development which ensure Core5’s projects are built to a best-in-class standard.
Tenant Improvement/Interior Finish Projects:
- Review RFP’s for Tenant Improvement Projects and create any required RFI’s, price and develop an associated schedule for the required improvements within the agreed upon timeframe developed with the SVP-Development and VP-Investments. Immediately communicate when time commitments cannot be maintained due to circumstances that arise during bidding process.
- Assist SVP-Development to accurately define the proposed improvements/scope of work related with the pricing provided in proposals, lease documents and/or contracts.
- Once Lease/Contract is signed with client, prepare final budget estimates and develop detailed schedules to ensures completion in accordance with the lease/contract and preparing periodic summary and variance reports.
- Project management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following as it relates to Tenant Improvement Projects:
- Oversee selection and hiring of architects/engineers/consultants related to the proposed project.
- Review plans and construction drawings for accuracy and value
- Administer bid process for the Tenant Improvements
- Organize and conduct pre-construction kick-off meeting
- Coordinate and conduct periodic meetings with the Tenant and the related vendors/contractors to ensure effective communication with the Tenant/Client
- Monitor all aspects of construction (scheduling, budgeting, and communications) to ensure quality completion on-time and on-budget
- Advise, support and coordinate work performed and/or contracted by tenants
- Maintain a project file for each construction job with relevant documentation
- Support move-in process as necessary Coordinate the turn-over of the space with the third-party Property Management Firm.
- Ensure each project receives all close-out materials and follow up on survey issues in conjunction with other team members
- Approve pay applications and invoices as appropriate
- Ensure any re-billings to Tenant/Clients are communicated to the accounting department and invoices are issued in a timely manner.
As part of the Kajima USA family of companies, Core5 offers the following benefits in which our employees may choose to participate:
- 401K – Fidelity
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D
- Short and Long term Disability
Occasional out of state travel (day trip or overnight stay)